Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Reversed Canvas Fairy Frame

This is my latest submission for the mixed media challenge for the Paper Arts Group for November. We were challenged to use a deep walled canvas frame 5x7inches and a fairy theme - mine is not quite the pretty fairy but all the same I think she has attitude and was quite cute when I found her.


There are loads of little details that the camera no matter how hard I tried just would not pick up, but overall I hope you get the idea. Little bits like the back wall is actually made up of loads of mini mirrored mosaic tiles, and the green flowers are all hand made from white velum that has been cut and then embossed on the cuttlebug, painted to blend with the other items and then a final light dry brush of gold.


The fairy herself is triple layered like paper toile, each layer painted in a different method to add to the 3D effect - layer one in a pearl shimmer, layer two in a fine crackle medium and layer three in a gloss finish as shiny as a photograph.


There is as usual lots more detailed photo's on my Flickr Account HERE that outlines all the details and processes I used to put this piece this project together.

Over the coming days I have ready to upload 52 finally completed new ATC's to share along with a Clear Acetate Romance Journal - so stay posted and remeber sneak peaks are always on my Flickr first.

post signature

5 comments:

Ro Bruhn said...

This is one cool fairy Brenda, I love all of the detail, all the hard work certainly paid off.

Megan B said...

OH MY LORDY MISS B, your just rocked my world!!!!! This is BEAWESOME!!!!!
M

Wednesdays Wishes said...

Oh I love this image, great ATC's
Audrey x

Wednesdays Wishes said...

Love all the elements you used. I love working with canvas'

Hanne said...

This is fantastic! Great details. Glad I found your blog.
Hanne


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails